The internet let out a collective "Huh. Well, that's...huh," upon hearing the news that Paul McCartney would join Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear on 12/12/12 in Madison Square Garden for the Hurricane Sandy Relief concert. Will the words "Libido" or "Mosquito" exit Sir Paul's lips tonight? Or will Grohl just re-hash the Foo Fighters' Jet cover again? Maybe they'll slap on some shaving cream and clown around in the bathroom together. It all remains to be seen.
What we're interested in is the bold new direction this could mean for Nirvana's future. And we're going to give some KDHX 25th Annniversary swag (available online at the just re-launched KDHX store, in time for the holidays) to a few lucky winners who can show us. We're looking for one of two things:
1. A Photoshopped picture of how you envision Paul McCartney's future with Nirvana.
2. Your best title or lyrics mash-up of these worlds colliding. ("Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart-Shaped Box," for instance).
Or do both. It's your choice.
The top entries that make us laugh will receive a 25th Anniverary KDHX t-shirt and KDHX koozie designed by STL Style.
THE SIMPLE RULES!
1. PLEASE give us some way to contact you in the Disqus comments field below. Can't say this enough. There are a few easy ways to do this. You can click "Login" to Disqus near the comment field and login via any of the options (Facebook, Google, etc.). Alternately, leave your email address in your comment in an "Joe Blow AT email.com" format if you'd like (to avoid evil spam crawling internet bots).
2. If you're doing the Photoshop thing, you can attach your picture to the comment.
3. Enter as many times as you'd like. Here we are now. Entertain us
4. This contest runs from now until Wednesday, December 19th at 2 p.m. Winners will be contacted via Disqus or a provided email shortly after. Make sure we can easily contact you.
If you don't trust your own creative prowess, you can always stop by the store and look around. All proceeds will help support 88.1 KDHX!