[UPDATE: Congrats to Abby Moallankamp, who won with her entry! Hers was a staff and audience favorite. She also has "kamp" in her name, so there's that. Thank you to everyone who entered, and look for another contest this week!]
It's the 10th Anniversary of the Wakarusa festival, located in the beautiful Ozarks of Arkansas on Mullberry Mountain and taking place this year from May 30 to June 2. And just look at this lineup! Snoop
Dogg Lion is headlining, as well as Widespread Panic, Gogol Bordello, Son Volt, The Black Crowes, Yonder Mountain String Band, Amon Tobin, Umphrey's McGee, Galactic and too many more to count. About 420 bands if we had to estimate.
And what's more, Wakarusa will have tons of art installations and eco-minded activities, parades, and even a big water slide.
But MOST importantly, Wakarusa will have a GIANT FERRIS WHEEL. That's right. And that's where our contest is located.
Check out the Wakarusa lineup and tell us which band (or member of that band) you would like to ride the Giant Ferris Wheel with, and what you would talk about.
Would you talk with Eugene from Gogol Bordello about his craziest travel stories? Ask Langhorne Slim how many hats he actually owns? Maybe sit with The Black Crowe's Chris Robinson for a bit, and convince him to eat a sandwich? Perhaps you and Snoop Lion would talk about your
joint mutual interests. Who can say. Whatever you decide to talk about, make it interesting and fun. After all, you're stuck on the Ferris Wheel together.
The winner of this contest will will four (4) tickets to the festival, one (1) camping pass, as well as all this awesome Wakarusa festival survival gear:
shown: shirts, shorts, hats, patches, bandana, messenger bag, lanyards, poster, stickers, and carabiner thing
SUPER EASY AND IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES:
1. Enter as many times as you'd like, but only one entry will be considered. Have fun.
2. This contest runs from Tuesday, May 14 to Monday, May 20 at 3 p.m. CST
3. PLEASE give us some way to contact you in the Disqus comments field. We can't say this enough. There are a few easy ways to do this. You can click "Login" to Disqus near the comment field and login via any of the options (Facebook, Google, etc.). Alternately, leave your email address in your comment in an "Joe Blow AT email.com" format if you'd like (to avoid evil spam crawling internet bots).
4. Re-Read Rule #3. If we have a hard time contacting you, we likely won't try.
5. Winner is responsible for getting to the show themselves. We mean, we'll tell you the best roads to take or whatever. But getting there is on you.
6. Winner MUST make arrangements to pick up the physical tickets and gear from our KDHX studios anytime before the show.
Got it? Ok, have fun and good luck, Ferris Wheelers!