Whole Foods Market will donate five percent of the entire day’s sales (the entire day!) from both its Town & Country and Brentwood locations to community-supported KDHX. Pretty nifty, huh?
That means the more healthy goodies you put in your cart, the more you’re helping independent art and music thrive in St. Louis.
We'll even have Live Music by the Green Strum Project, Beth Bombara and Brian Curran from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at both the Town & Country and Brentwood Whole Foods Market locations, as well as friendly KDHX staff and volunteers greeting shoppers and spinning the prize wheel for fun KDHX loot. The music lineup for Town & Country and Brentwood stores are at the KDHX Events calendar.
And this is where you come in: we’re looking for an original recipe created by you, devoted to KDHX! We’ll vote on the top recipe and give it away on our Community Support Day to all the happy shoppers. You’ll even win a Whole Foods Market $100 gift card and some KDHX merch as well.
Could it be a KDHX fruit salad that captures our diversity and independence? Or something based on one of your favorite radio shows? Mmm…an Afternoon Delight pie for our Greaser’s Lunchbox sure sounds good about now. Be creative, have fun with it, and make sure to follow these rules so you’re not disqualified.
1. This is the most important rule: ingredients MUST be items you can find at Whole Foods Market -- we want people to be able to shop and make your dish! You can see what Whole Foods Market offers at their official website.
2. Enter as many times as you’d like, but only one recipe will be considered. And, yes, we’d actually love to cook or bake your recipe so make sure it’s the real deal. (“2 cups of love and a dash of rare vinyl” won’t work for this).
3. This contest starts on Wednesday, January 16 and ends at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23.
4. Include a fun name for your recipe and reason for your inspiration!
5. HEY! Make sure to leave a way to contact you in your comment: an email works! Write it in the Joe Blow AT email dot com format if you want.