Department: Internet and Information Technology
Overview of Department: The IT Department serves all staff and volunteers, as well as manages computer workstations, servers, network devices, and public and internal websites.
Location: KDHX Radio (3504 Magnolia Avenue)
Supervised by: Steven Ley, IT Director
- Receive assignments from IT director using ticket management system to track progress.
- Assist IT Director in coordinating service with staff and volunteer computer users, diagnosing problems and needs, and performing research to troubleshoot and resolve computer and software issues.
- Work with IT Director to administer Voice-Over-IP phone systems and TCP/IP network.
- Review backups, intervening where necessary.
- Inventory and audit IT assets.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Time Commitment: Flexible, Suggested 12 to 20 hrs/week, total 200 a semester.
Qualifications: Basic background in computer hardware, software and networking. Working knowledge of MacOS X and GNU/Linux administration. Commitment to service, high quality of work and thorough documentation.