Goal of Position: To create 30 second and 60 second recorded radio messages for broadcast on FM 88.1, including: PSAs, KDHX Welcomes, and Underwriting announcements.
Current Number of Volunteers: Many
Positions Open: No limit
- Scripting -- using our computers and databases
- Narration -- or recording of others reading
- Audio engineering -- editing and mixing using ProTools software
- Length of commitment: Ongoing
- Estimated total hours: 2 hrs/week
- At discretion of volunteer
- Due to limited resources and the need for reservations, we request that volunteers pick a regular day and time to work each week
Worksite: KDHX Radio Station, 3504 Magnolia Ave.
Qualifications/Interest Sought (all training will be provided):
- Writing and verbal skills
- Computer skills
- Basic audio recording and ProTools editing
- Interest in helping to promote local civics and culture, while growing KDHX as an organization
- Increase public awareness of area culture
- Gain experience in writing for radio and on-air narration/announcing
- Gain experience with recording, editing and mixing techniques using ProTools software
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, the first step is to sign up for our orientation class.