Overview of the KDHX DJ/host training process:
- Attend KDHX orientation - sign up via http://kdhx.org/about/volunteer
- Assemble and submit show script (send to christopher.bay[at]kdhx.org)
- If approved: Demo production and basic technical overview training
- Submit Application and Demo to Program Director for review by Program Committee*
- If approved: Final host/programming training
- Final technical training and contract given
- Practice/test sessions to ensure readiness
- Contract returned; ready to sub for other hosts
*We do not accept demos or air checks produced for other stations or completed without KDHX guidance.
Considering schedule availability for training, and approval by a committee that meets once a month, it's safe to say this process can take about three months to complete, sometimes less, sometimes more. We can often get people subbing within a few weeks of completing training (unless their specialty is very focused on a single music genre). Getting a show could take as little as a few months, to as long as a few years.
Goal of Position: To host an entertaining and professional radio show for KDHX listeners (who are on-air and online).
Current Number of Volunteers: 94
Positions Open: Program schedule is already full 24/7, newly approved applicants are put on a waitlist and can actively sub. The wait for your own show can be anywhere from a few months to a few years, and slow slotting is based on personal availability as well as fit/flow within the program schedule as determined by our Program Committee.
- Preparing for your show in advance
- Substituting and/or hosting a weekly show. Music shows are 2-3 hours, and talk shows are generally ½-1 hour long)
- Running the board for on-air output
- Communicating with listeners via KDHX.org and/or KDHX e-mail
- Length of commitment: Ongoing on a weekly basis
- Estimated time commitment: 3-5 hours or more per week
- For substituting: as you are able
- For a weekly show: TBA. The first offered slot may not be your most preferred time; most applicants do not start at a prime/daytime slot.
Worksite: KDHX Radio Station, 3524 Washington Ave.
Qualifications/Interest Sought (training will be provided):
- Passion for music/topic; general interest in learning more about and sharing music/topic
- Understanding/familiarization with essay writing service the overall sound and mission of KDHX, to ensure hosting ability, style and program is compatible
- Get to be on the radio!
- Board operator experience
- Access to music via station library that you might not otherwise hear about
- Play an integral role in the St. Louis arts/music community
Staff Contact: Chris Bay / Chief Content Officer / 314-664-3955 x804