Goal of Position: To handle quality control and post-production data handling for audio materials recorded as live performances (LPs) in our studios and at events.
- Edit (or review and re-edit) a performance recording into playable CD audio tracks
- Convert high-res audio data into mp3 files for posting on our website
- Label content (with information gathered in the release form), and upload content to our internal digital library
- Create HTML streaming player XML files
- Length of commitment: Varies
- Estimated total hours: 2-4 hours/week
- At discretion of volunteer, but ideally during staff hours (9-7 / M-F)
Worksite: KDHX Radio
- Familiarity with iTunes
- Digital Editing skills (ProTools or Audacity)
- Attention to detail and dedication to precision
- Listen to many KDHX in-studio performances
- Practice HTML, digital audio editing, data archival
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, the first step is to sign up for our orientation class.