Goal of Position: To setup, record and generally accommodate artists that agree to perform in our studios, either live to air, or in a pre-record situation. Sessions are typically 15-20 minutes of music and interview.
Current Number of Volunteers: Many
Positions Open: No limit
- Setup and tear down microphones, amplifiers, cables, stands, etc
- Greeting and briefing performers on studio resources and options
- Mixing, monitoring, and recording live performance and interview segments
- Authoring recorded audio using ProTools editing & Toast burning software
- Obtain a signed release form
- Preparing and uploading recorded contentto our website live performance archive
- Length of commitment: Ongoing
- Estimated time committment: 2-3 hrs/session
- At discretion of volunteer
- Schedule of upcoming sessions are posted online for volunteer engineers to "claim" on a first request basis
- Must be flexible within 2 hours of scheduled session (artists schedules are often erratic)
Worksite: KDHX Radio Station, 3504 Magnolia Ave.
Qualifications/Interest Sought (all training will be provided):
- Passion for live music, and a general interest in working with musicians
- Basic audio recording and ProTools editing
- Ability to stay cool under pressure (live performances and wrangling artists can get kinda hairy when the clock is ticking!)
- Gain experience mixing live audio
- Meet and work with local and touring artists, as well as other audio engineers
- Participate in what is a great blessing to our station: the willingness of regional and touring musicians to contribute their talent to our programming, and share their art with our listeners
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, the first step is to sign up for our orientation class.