Goal of Position: To assist talk show hosts with all technical aspects of producing their weekly program: recording, editing, burning episode to CD, and converting for web posting.
- Record hosts with guests in studio or via phone
- Mark errors in recording for re-takes
- Edit and mix recorded content with music bumpers at head/breaks/tail of program
- Create media for playout: CDs for host and guests, mp3 files for web posting
- Length of commitment: Varies according to show
- Estimated total hours: 1-2 hours/week
- At discretion of show producer
Worksite: KDHX Radio Studio
- Basic audio recording skills: using mics and mixers
- Digital audio editing skills: using ProTools or Audacity
- Familiarity with iTunes and Toast for file conversions and CD burning
- Interest in talk programming for the radio and local media and culture
- Hands-on production experience producing aired content
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, the first step is to sign up for our orientation class.