Goal of Position: To handle all technical needs relating to airing pre-recorded content (typically from CD) on 88.1 FM.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to air shift to locate pre-recorded materials.
- Cue and accurately air CD's (or other media) containing the show producer's pre-recorded content.
- Air all logged program items (mostly announcements from minidisk) at the correct times, at broadcast quality levels.
- Handle phone calls and communicate any messages taken to the program's producer
- Handle verbal announcing of time and temp (as directed by the program's host), general station, and next program's promo copy.
- Complete all required paperwork and logs, and handle all legal requirements typical of an on-air shift. (EAS, UW sign-offs, Transmitter logs, etc)
- Length of commitment: Varies
- Estimated total hours: 2-3 hours/shift
Scheduling: According to need
Worksite: KDHX Radio
- Board Operation skills
- Attention to detail and precision in communication
- Good attitude toward customer (listener) service
- Verbal announcing skills
- Experience handling professional broadcast equipment
- On-air announcing experience
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, the first step is to sign up for our orientation class.