Beirut's third full length, "The Rip Tide," continues the band's legacy of existing all over the place. Not that the album is "all over the place," of course: they're one of the tightest, focused sounding bands in music today. This one takes it a step further, naming most track after the towns themselves: Condon's hometown of Santa Fe, East Harlem, Goshen and several others. It's an incredible listen. And now, after tours through Poland, Russia and Turkey (to name a few), Beirut will land right here—in the wild and untamed outback known the world over as St. Louis— at The Pageant on October 9th, to blow our city away, and use horns if neccessary.
And KDHX wants to send some of you there: We have two (2) pairs of tickets for the show, for two lucky winners and their guest.
As always, the rules are pretty simple:
1. In the comments section below, tell us your most interesting travel story. Did you run with the bulls in Spain? Run into Paul McCartney at a Clear Lake Circle K? Cut your own arm off after spending 127 hours under a rock, only to find out the rock wasn't that heavy actually?
2. Please, one entry per person this time. Give us your best right up front.
3. If you can, try to keep it under, like, 600 words. Brevity is the soul of wit.
4. Please don't make up anything. Just be cool about it. We know you didn't hang with Stevie Wonder in his garage playing air hockey. We have good BS dectectors. (BS meaning "Beirut Subterfuge" in this case)
5. Deadline for this contest is MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd. We'd give you longer, but the KDHX Membership Drive begins on Oct. 6th, and we gotta get ready!
These are physical tickets, so you'll have to be available the week of Monday, October 3rd to pick them up from us at our Magnolia Studio in St. Louis. The email you use in the comments will be the one we use to contact you.
Well, that's everything...good luck! We look forward to hearing about that terrible incident at customs.