A festival is only as good as its lineup, and Forecastle isn't pulling any punches this year. Headliners include Wilco, My Morning Jacket, Bassnectar, Girl Talk, Andrew Bird, Sleigh Bells, Atmosphere, Neko Case, Beach House, The Head and the Heart, Dr. Dog, Deer Tick, Justin Townes Earl, Real Estate, Washed Out, Wye Oak...it goes on and on. The complete lineup is here if you want to check it out.
So, yeah. This pretty much justifies that summer road trip you've been thinking about.
Music festivals are so epic in scope that they lend themselves to amazing "dude, you won't believe what happened" stories of love, loss, exhaustion, exaltation and elation. Some of those feelings are even experienced sober, on occasion!
That means we're giving away one pair of festival passes to the commenter with the best Music Festival Story. Make the story about you. Maybe it was the greatest time in your life, maybe the worst, maybe the weirdest -- we want to hear why. We're not looking for a concert review, we want to hear your story. And may the best tale win.
The Simple Rules:
1. PLEASE give us some way to contact you in the Disqus comments field. Can't say this enough. There are a few easy ways to do this. You can click "Login" to Disqus near the comment field and login via any of the options (Facebook, Google, etc.). Alternately, leave your email address in your comment in an "Joe Blow AT email.com" format if you'd like (to avoid evil spam crawling internet bots).
2. This contest runs until 10 a.m. Central Standard Time on 5/27/12.
3. Enter as much as you'd like, but only one post is eligible to win.
4. Winner is responsible for getting to the festival themselves. We mean, we'll tell you the best roads to take or whatever. But getting there is on you.
5. Don't eat the brown acid.