[UPDATE: This contest has closed, and you can read about the winners here! Thanks for participating!]
In this corner: Ryan Adams! He takes the stage at the Peabody Opera House on 1/31 with Jason Isbell, guns blazing.
And in the opposite corner: Rhett Miller, front man for the rollicking Old 97's! They also take the stage at The Pageant on 1/31 with Caitlin Rose and The O's, gloves laced and guitars tuned.
We're sending you to ONE of the shows, but which do you choose? It's up to you.
All you have to do is describe your version of a Battle Royale between Ryan Adams and Old 97's frontman Rhett Miller in the comments section! The winner you declare in your imaginary bout (no ties! No holds barred!) is the band you support, and the show you'll be in the running for a pair of tickets to.
Maybe Rhett Miller and Ryan Adams meet in a dark alley and have a hair pulling contest? Or what about Ryan Adams dragging Rhett Miller through Champaign, Illinois and letting the townspeople bring the Cham-PAIN? Does Rhett Miller drive an Old '97 (Ford Taurus) right over Adams' glasses...which are on his face!?!?? Write a little bit or write a lot, just have fun with it.
Describe the epic battle however you want, just make sure there is a clear winner by the time the dust settles...because that's the musician you'll support, and will be in the running for tickets to see. We're looking for creativity and humor over any hyper-realistic descriptions of actual violence here...but if it's a disembowelment you feel you must describe, at least make it incredibly stupid and implausible. Go crazy, but know that leaning on pure gross-out factor alone isn't necessarily gonna make you a winner in our eyes (gouged or otherwise).
When the final bell rings, we'll give two (2) tickets to one (1) winner for each show.
THE SIMPLE RULES!
1. PLEASE give us some way to contact you in the Disqus comments field. Can't say this enough. There are a few easy ways to do this. You can click "Login" to Disqus near the comment field and login via any of the options (Facebook, Google, etc.). Alternately, leave your email address in your comment in an "Joe Blow AT email.com" format if you'd like (to avoid evil spam crawling internet bots).
2. This contest runs from now until Monday, January 30th at 4 pm. Winners will be contacted via Disqus or a provided email shortly after.
3. Winners must be able to pick up physical tickets at our Magnolia Studio offices on 1/31, or make arrangements with Chris AT KDHX.org.
4. Enter as many times as you'd like. But you can only win once, and for one show: Ryan Adams or the Old 97s.
5. Two men enter, one man leaves. And be nice...until it's time to not be nice.