Two (2) winners will get a pair of tickets each by participating in something we're calling...
THE SHINS NEW SLANG CONTEST!
It's old news at this point that The Shins' song "New Slang" catapulted them into the consciousness of indie-America (at the insistence of Natalie Portman's manic pixie dream girl character in "Garden State"). For better or worse, it's destined to be frontman James Mercer's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" as long as he plays music.
So, we want you to come up with some New Slang of your own about The Shins: strap on your pun hats, and prepare to get clever and goofy. We're looking for Shins-based slang and definitions.
• Someone who wants to win this contest would be Shin It to Win It.
• Someone who wants to win this contest, but isn't sure, would exhibit Hesita-shin.
• Someone who isn't politically correct about shoegazers would need Shin-sitivity Training.
• If James Mercer were a ninja: Shin-obi
• A rock fungus with horn rimmed glasses: Shin-taki Mushroom
• And, finally, if James Mercer got a job at a bank, and then robbed it: a Shin-side Job
Make us laugh, make us think, make us groan out loud and you and a friend could go to the show. So what are you waiting for? A formal invita-shin? [Slide whistle noise]
The Simple Rules
1. Enter as many times as you'd like, but only one comment is eligible to win.
2. PLEASE give us some way to contact you in the Disqus comments field. Can't say this enough: if you win, and we can't get ahold of you, that's no good at all. There are a few easy ways to do this. You can click "Login" to Disqus near the comment field and login via any of the options (Facebook, Google, etc.). Alternately, leave your email address in your comment in an "Joe Blow AT email.com" format if you'd like (to avoid evil spam crawling internet bots).
3. This contest runs from now until Wednesday, May 30 at 2 p.m. CST. Winners will be contacted via Disqus login or your provided email shortly after.