As I've done a couple of times now, here's a list of some of the new releases coming out during the next few months. I've added a few notes. Hope there's at least a few you're looking forward to over the coming months. -- Allen
* Jimmy Cliff - Rebirth
* Matisyahu - Spark Seeker
* Alberta Cross - Songs of Patience - Check out their live performance at KDHX.org they recorded before their show last week!
* Missy Higgins - Ol' Razzle Dazzle
* Susanna Hoffs - Someday
* Soul Asylum - Delayed Reaction - I'm hearing rumors this is better than the weaker releases they've had over the past 15 years? Has it been that long?
* 10 Years - Minus the Machine
* John Frusciante - EP
* Milo Greene - S/T
* Marc Berger - Ride
* Saving Abel - Bringing Down the Giant
* Zac Brown Band - Uncaged
* Old Crow Medicine Show - Carry Me Back
* Be Good Tanyas - A Collection 2000-2012
* Baroness - Yellow and Green
* Citizen Cope - One Lovely Day
* Hellyeah - Band of Brothers
* The Smashing Pumpkins - Pisces Iscariot (Deluxe.)
* The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten - Looking forward to this New Jersey band's 3rd album.
* Passion Pit - Gossamer - Also looking forward to this one. They're a little outside of my sweet spot but their songs are so catchy, I'm willing to let it slide. :)
* The Antlers - Undersea
* Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Now Here's My Plan EP
* Foals - Tapes
* Sugar - Copper Blue (Deluxe.) and File Under: Easy Listening (Deluxe.) - I'm super excited about these. I'm probably in a big minority when I say that I thought Sugar was the best Bob Mould band. Those Husker Du albums never did much for me. Although I will say that the fidelity on those albums was always a deterrant to my enjoyment.
* Joshua Radin - Underwater
* Joss Stone - Vol. 2: Soul Sessions
* Kasey Chambers - Storybook (Covers.)
* Gaelic Storm - Chicken Boxer
* Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
* The Toadies - Play.Rock.Music.
* Lightships - Fear and Doubt EP
* Pat Travers - Blues on Fire
* Reel Big Fish - Candy Coated Fury
* Blur - Many Deluxe editions and a Box Set
* The Front Live from New York City 1990
* Sixpence None the Richer - Lost in Transition
* Suzanne Vega - Close Up, Vol. 4: Songs of Family
* Ten Years - Minus the Machine
* Ormonde - Machine
* Lynch Mob - Sound Mountain Sessions EP
* Ben Taylor - Listening
* Charlie Mars - Blackberry Light
* Robin & Linda Williams - These Old Dark Hills
* The Dirty Guv'nahs - Somewhere Beneath these Southern Skies - I've heard a couple of songs and played them on my show. I like these guys. RIYL: Band of Heathens and/or Drive-by Truckers
* Daniel Powter - Turn on the Lights
* Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
* Yellowcard - Southern Air
* Steve Vai - The Story of Light
* Loverboy - Rock and Roll Revival
* The Fixx - Beautiful Friction
* Fleetwood Mac tribute - Looking forward to this. Tracks from the New Pornographers, Best Coast and MGMT, to name a few.
* Yeasayer - Fragrant World
* Owl City - The Midsummer Station
* Dispatch - Circles Around the Sun
* Tenth Avenue North - The Struggle
* Smash Mouth - Magic
* Bloc Party - Four
* The Darkness - Hot Cakes
* The Heavy - The Glorious Dead
* Smile Smile - Marry a Stranger
* Ariel Pink's Haunted Grafitti - Mature Themes
* Matthew E. White - Big Inner
* Eric Lindell - West County Drifter
* The Kennedys - Closer Than You Know
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last of a Dying Breed
* Los Lobos - Kiko (Deluxe.)
* Saga - 20:20
* Alanis Morissette - Havoc and Bright Lights
* Robert Cray Band - Nothin' but Love
* Glen Campbell & Jimmy Webb - In Session (CD/DVD.)
* Swans - The Seer
* Aimee Wilson - Unto Us the Sun
* Minus the Bear - Infinity Overhead
* Abandoned Pools - Sublime Currency
* Big Wreck Albatross
* Wild Nothing - Nocturne
* Flobots - Circle in the Square
* Amy Cook - Summer Skin
* Matthew Dear - Beams
* Mark Knopfler - Privateering (2 CD's.) - I hadn't heard anything about this until i did my research. This is due to be a new solo CD and he's touring this fall with Bob Dylan (who's coming up on the list).
* Bob Mould - Silver Age - His solo stuff has never had the immediate catchiness of Sugar but I'm always hopeful.
* Stars - The North - They manage to slip under the radar but they've had some great releases over the years and will be at Plush soon.
* Melissa Etheridge - 4th Street Feeling
* Richie Sambora - Aftermath of the Lowdown
* Matchbox 20 - North
* Dave Stewart - Ringmaster General
* Ian Hunter - When I'm President
* Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
* Two Gallants - The Bloom and the Blight
* Sondre Lerche - Bootlegs: Live
* Azure Ray As Above so Below EP
* Jens Lekman - I Know What Love Isn't
* The Vaccines - Come of Age
* K's Choice - Echo Mountain
* Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Rattle Them Bones
* Bob Dylan - Tempest - A new album from Mr. Dylan. As mentioned above, he's touring with Mark Knopfler later this fall.
* The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter - Love them. Haven't heard a note yet but I and Love and You was one of my favorite releases in 2009. They'll be at the Fox in September. A far cry from some of their early shows in St. Louis. I heard them for the first time at the Sheldon ushering as a volunteer for KDHX. How can you not love a station that brings in the Avetts to the Sheldon?
* Dave Matthews Band - Away from the World
* Chris Robinson Brotherhood The Magic Door
* St. Vincent and David Byrne - Love this Giant
* Amanda Palmer - Theatre is Evil
* Cat Power - Sun - Another quiet artist who I'm looking forward to her new release.
* Calexico - Algiers - Big fan of Calexico. More so live than studio but they're such a tight band, I'm sure it will be great ear candy.
* Kathy Mattea - Calling Me Home
* Tina Dico Where Do You Go to Disappear?
* Seapony - Falling
* Sea Wolf - Old World Romance
* Field Report - S/T - I've played the song "Fergus Falls" on my show and it's on the short list for my song of the year. I hope the album can live up to the opening single.
* The Time Jumpers - S/T
* The Raveonettes - Observator
* The Hello Sequence - Negotiations
* Saigon - Bread and Circuses
* The XX Coexist - It's been about 3 years but their debut was a stunner.
* Neal Morse - Momentum
* Anthrax - Covers EP
* Chris Isaak - Beyond the Sun (Deluxe.)
* Band of Horses - Mirage Rock - I wish this were coming out sooner so I'd have more of a chance to hear it before they're in town with My Morning Jacket in August.
* Muse - The 2nd Law
* The Killers - Battle Born
* Grizzly Bear - Shield
* Aimee Mann Charmer - I've already heard this one and LOVE IT!
* Ben Folds Five The Sound of the Life of the Mind
* Pink - The Truth about Love
* Ryan Bingham - Tomorrowland
* Rebecca Loebe - Circus Heart
* Kelly McRae - Better Than the Blues
* Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet on Sky - J. Mascis can do no wrong. And he's (and the band) is at Loufest in late August.
* The Whigs - Enjoy the Company - Loved their debut but was disappointed by their sophomore release.
* Black Prairie - A Tear in the Eye is a Wound in the Heart (featuring
3 members of The Decemberists. )
* Michael Jackson - Bad (Deluxe.) and 'Live at Wembley 1988' DVD
* No Doubt - Push and Shove
* Mumford & Sons - Babel
* Muse - The 2nd Law
* Green Day Uno
* Frightened Rabbit - EP
* Bettye LaVette - Thankful 'N Thoughtful
* Tristan Prettyman - Cedar and Gold
* Shemekia Copeland - 33 and a Third
* Diana Krall - Glad Rag Doll
* Michael McDermott - Hit Me Back
* The Wallflowers - Glad All Over (Mick Jones guests.)
* The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth
* Iris DeMent - Sing the Delta
* Tift Merritt - Travelling Alone
* Beth Orton - Sugaring Season - Beth Orton is comfort music for me and I always look forward to any release of hers.
* Heart - Fanatic
* Tilly & the Wall - Heavy Mood - Best known for their tap dance percussion, I'm always intrigued to hear them.
* Van Morrison - Born to Sing: No Plan B
* B.B. King - Mr. B.B. King (box set.)
* A Fine Frenzy - Pines
* John Fogerty - Wrote a Song for Everyone (many guests.)
* Aaron Neville - My True Story
* AG - Beatles EP
* Fitz & the Tantrums - TBA
* Josephine - Portrait
* Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
* The Calm Blue Sea - Arrivals & Departures
* Bill Mallonee - Amber Waves (w/ killer guests! Tentative date.)
* Bat for Lashes - The Haunted Man