Donate Now to Support KDHX

Listen Live

Turn your old car into new radio! Consider donating your used, late-model, or even classic car to KDHX. Just complete the form below or call toll-free (877) 534-9876 and arrange a convenient pickup time. We’ll pick up your vehicle, give you a receipt and you will be able to deduct the gross sales price as an itemized deduction on your income taxes.

Jump to: Frequently asked questions about donating a vehicle

Frequently asked questions about donating a vehicle

Do you only accept cars for donation?

Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars, motor- homes, airplanes, time-shares, and even houses. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please contact the vehicle donation program toll free at (877) 534-9876. Return to Form

What are the benefits of donating my car to KDHX?

KDHX benefits by receiving a cash donation to fund new and existing programs and increase community awareness through local events.

You benefit by being able to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized. Plus you avoid the costs associated with selling your car. No need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, and no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, and repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer. Return to Form

Does my car have to be running to donate it?

No. In some cases CARS can take your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be tow-able. Contact a representative at 1-877-534-9876 to find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up. Return to Form

How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?

A tow company will contact you within two to three business days after completing a record of the donation. Call our representatives at (877) 534-9876. Return to Form

Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?

No. Special arrangements can be made by calling our representatives. Return to Form

What paperwork do I need?

The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title. Have your title with you when you call-in your donation. [Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien]. Return to Form

Do I need an emissions certificate or safety inspection documentation in order to donate my car?

For states that require smog/emissions certificates or safety inspections, you may donate your vehicle without these documents. Return to Form

What if I receive legal notices?

In the rare event that you receive any notification of a lien sale, DMV action, or other activity related to your donated vehicle, please call (877) 534-9876 immediately for assistance. Return to Form

Tax Questions

Will I get a tax receipt for my donation?

Yes, our driver will issue a donation receipt at the time of pick-up. This is not the final tax receipt if the sale price of your vehicle exceeds $500. This initial acknowledgement will indicate the donor's name as well as the year, make, model and condition of the car being donated. It will be the only receipt if the vehicle sells for $500 or less. If that happens, it is up to the donor to determine the value of their deduction as long as it is $500 or less. Return to Form

How do Federal vehicle donation laws effect my tax deduction?

For vehicles that sell for more than $500, donors are no longer responsible for determining the deductible value of their donation. Instead, they will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes if the proceeds from the sale exceed $500, stating the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle. The amount listed on IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be the gross proceeds of the deductible donation. Return to Form

What can I claim as a deduction?

If a vehicle sells for $500 or less, it will be up to the donor to determine the value of their deduction as long as that figure is $500 or less.

According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale.

An IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be mailed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. It will state the amount of gross proceeds received from the vehicle, provided the vehicle sold for more than $500 and if the donor provided their Social Security number. This will be the tax receipt for the charitable contribution. Return to Form

Sponsor Message

Become a Sponsor

Local Artist Spotlight

Tok Releases Gold Dollar Hen House Volume 3

Tue April 8
Tok is a Festus based rock band who has been rocking St. Louis for 20 years. They are due to release their third installment of their Gold Dollar Hen House collection on February 28, 2014 at Schlafly's…