January 5 – March 23, 2024
The Foundry Art Centre is going to the dogs! Wag is an interactive art exhibition curated and designed specifically for our furry best friends. Featured artists of this unique exhibition include Greta Coalier, Justin King, Steve Jones, and Laura Lloyd.
Our four-legged visitors (with human companions) can experience:
• Artwork created by area artists with dog-friendly color spectrum palettes, exhibited at dog-height
• Canine portraiture of pups at the St. Charles Animal Shelter looking for their forever homes
• Interactive, pup-friendly sculpture and video installations
• Art activities for dogs and their companions
• A special bowl installation created by regional artists, available for purchase through a silent auction with proceeds benefitting the St. Charles Animal Shelter
• Community art wall of visitor artwork honoring their pooches
The opening reception of Wag: an exhibition FOR dogs will be Friday, January 5th, 5-8pm, as part of the Foundry’s First Friday programming. A vendor fair of pet-related boutiques and makers will be in the Grand Hall, along with art activities for dogs and their companions, music, the Foundry bar, and more will be available throughout the night. The Foundry Art Centre will have a number of exciting programs for our furry best friends during this exhibition’s run, including Yappy Hours, pet portrait sessions, Puppy Yoga, an adoption event with the St. Charles Animal Shelter, Pawentine’s Day, and a donation drive. For a complete list and details of the events, please visit www.foundryartcentre.org.
About the Foundry Art Centre
As a vibrant home to the arts, the Foundry Art Centre raises awareness and appreciation of the arts throughout the region. Alive with activity, the Centre’s programming reinforces the importance of the arts and helps ensure that arts and culture remain vital. Artists, patrons, young people and the community at large continually find new ways to interact at this unique facility.