Celebrating Public Radio Music Nationwide
By Ronnie Wisdom
On April 16, 2019, the noncomMUSIC Alliance and its partner stations will host the inaugural Public Radio Music Day.
Public Radio Music Day is a nationwide celebration uniting public radio music stations, fans, artists, and other members of the music industry to celebrate and spread the word about public radio’s special role in America’s music scene.
Locally, our listeners and supporters of KDHX know who we are and how we’re dedicated to invigorating and connecting St. Louis' music scene every day. KDHX is proud to be part of this network, brining you uninterrupted, independent music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Check out our new Video-A-Day Series featuring premiere videos of our recent Listen Live events, in-studio sessions and footage from the DHTV archives. And be sure to listen to our Local Artist Playlist Series on Spotify. Tune in at 88.1 FM or listen to the live stream right here at kdhx.org
Our participation in Public Radio Music Day is to help foster a better understanding that we’re one station in a network of public radio stations with shared values and championing music locally and nationally.
About Public Radio Music
• A network of 734 local public radio music stations serve communities across America, reaching a collective 20.5 million listeners weekly
• On air, online, on video, on stage, and on-the-go, these local stations provide a platform for innovative music programming
• They celebrate genres heard only on public radio, from classical to jazz to the bluegrass, rock, alt-country, and other regional and eclectic sounds of Triple A
• From knowledgeable local hosts and expert curation to educational programs and community initiatives, local public radio music stations play an essential and often singular role in boosting artists and music discovery and in educating and enriching communities.
About the noncomMUSIC Alliance
The noncomMUSIC Alliance celebrates public radio's role in connecting musicians, performers, and artists with the audiences who enjoy and support their music. We are an alliance dedicated to boosting the work of noncommercial public radio as an essential component of music discovery, curation, preservation, performance, and community.
The Alliance is committed to:
• Raising awareness of noncommercial music and its public service mission
• Advocating on behalf of noncommercial music stations
• Uniting public radio stations, listeners, artists and other music industry leaders who value noncommercial music
• Serving as a resource for public radio music stations